Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Giving JSF Another Shot - Part Deux

A while back I blogged about Giving JSF Another Shot. Well, I did. I even had the opportunity to use it at my new job. And it failed, miserably.

I spent more time hacking components, hunting for working components, and coding around all the issues surrounding it than I did actually getting any work done. This is by no means a slam on any one implementation mind you, but the specification in general. Sure, maybe 1.2 is fixing those issues. Sure, maybe facelets fixes those issues. Sure, maybe I'll win the lotery. I just don't personally have any more time to devote to it.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, and to start back with something negative isn't always the best approach. But what can I say? I'm opinionated. I have happier thoughts to blog about in the near future.

No comments: