Today I decided to start really evaluating MyEclipse IDE. Their 4.0 version offers many new and exciting enhancements including some for JSF development. These are just a few observations I've made thus far and as I continue to use it I'm sure I'll be adding more.
- When in design mode, after adding a component, the mouse cursor will turn to a circle with a line and not allow you to click in the design editor anymore. Switching to source mode then back to design mode fixes this until the next time you add a component.
- There is no palette component for h:outputText (forums - known issue. have to wait until next version at least)
- Design mode does not represent a panelGrid correctly. For example, I created a panelGrid with 2 columns. I then added 4 components expecting 2 columns. In design mode all four components are displayed in a horizontal flow layout. Not a grid layout as expected. Same goes for the preview tab.
- There is no tool button on the faces-config design palette for adding a managed-bean.
- When adding a managed-bean with properties via the wizard, the managed-bean declaration in faces-config contains managed-properties for each declared property. At the very least this should be an option as managed-properties are, at most times, not required.
- There are no options to specify expression language values for managed-properties.
- There is currently no palette support for MyFaces extensions, although MyEclipse IDE has MyFaces support which is to say it adds JAR's for you and web.xml entires. (forums - known issue. Have to wait for next version and even then it's a maybe??)
Ok, these seem to all be complaints. Hopefully as I use it more I'll have something good to say about it. I've searched for some of these issues on the support forums and noted findings in the list above.